Beginning May 25, 2018 Walt Disney World will begin their Incredible Summer filled with new attractions and characters. Let’s run down what’s new at each park beginning this May.
- The Incredibles and Edna Mode take over Tomorrowland at Magic Kingdom. The festivities culminate with a “SUPER” dance party on the Rocket Tower Stage. Join Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl, Frozone, and Edna Mode as they celebrate the release of The Incredibles 2 on June 15th.
- Star-Lord and Gamora from the Guardians of the Galaxy will join an alien band at the America Gardens Theater. The party will feature music from the movies straight from Awesome Mix Tapes 1 and 2. This is our first taste of Guardians of the Galaxy at Epcot before their attraction opens at a later date.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Russell and his furry friend Dug, from the Disney-Pixar film “Up,” will be putting on a new show called Explorers Meet UP! A Great Bird Adventure. This show replaces Flights of Wonder in the Caravan Theater but will still feature all your fine feathered friends.
- Donald Duck’s “dino-tastic” celebration in Dinoland U.S.A. will feature a dinosaur celebration along with new and exciting characters and new prehistoric elements.
Toy Story Land Opens (Summer 2018)
This new 11-acre land will transport guests into the adventurous outdoors of Andy’s backyard. Guests will experience two new attractions, including Slinky Dog Dash, a family-friendly coaster which will send riders dipping, dodging and dashing around turns and drops that Andy has created to stretch Slinky and his coils to the max. “Toy Story” pals also come to life in another fresh-from-the-box themed attraction — Alien Swirling Saucers. This Pizza Planet toy play set is loaded with aliens circling about in their flying saucers pulling along rocket ships full of guests. The new land also will encompass – Toy Story Mania! – which has been expanded to add a third track to the existing popular attraction. Woody’s Lunch Box will be a new quick-service kiosk serving tasty meals and old-fashioned soda floats inside Toy Story Land.
- Wine Bar George opens this spring and will be the only Master Sommelier-led wine bar in Florida, brought to Disney Springs by former California Grill manager and Master Sommelier George Miliotes.
- Terralina Crafted Italian, a new concept from James Beard award winner and “Top Chef Master” Chef Tony Mantuano. This restaurant will feature waterfront seating and a wood-burning oven will fire up a selection of artisanal, hand-tossed pizzas and fresh vegetable dishes.